FIND AN EXCUSE TO CARRY ON!
My name is Liam Kennedy and I am a mental health sufferer and I am not ashamed or embarrassed to say that, I have achieved something not many are lucky enough to achieve and that my friends is winning back my life and the second and probably last chance I have of making a success of myself.
As mental health sufferers countless tests are thrown at us and they either make us or break us, they are all learning curves and we learn something new about ourselves each time.
We learn that we have strengths we didn’t know we were capable of, we become stronger from each little set back and I know this because I have lived experience of this.
Its tough being a mental health sufferer
It’s so tough being a mental health sufferer because when we hit those dark moments, the dark moments when it’s so dark you are in total pitch black, we feel so alone, so helpless, so lost in translation that nothing makes sense, it’s at this moment that something magnificent is about to happen.
We don’t realise but deep inside our body and mind we are starting to fight back, we are still in the fight and it’s not in our nature to quit and that’s why i’m still here today as I found an excuse to carry on, to be perfectly honest I found several excuses to carry on, I had come too far to throw in the towel now, all my hard work up to that point would have been for nothing, NEVER GIVE UP is my motto in life and it is in my genetics and this is the main reason for my survival and the reason I am nineteen months into my recovery.
We don’t have any other option than to carry on, as hard as it is to do when we are in a time of desperation; persistence is key, the hardest step is the first step, each forward step from then on is getting us closer to our recovery and a chance to live our life the way we want to and not allow our illness to dictate how things play out.
We are stronger than we realise
We are strong, stronger than we realise and with enough hard work each day of our lives we will become stronger as human beings, we will grow and we will develop into the best version of ourselves that we have ever been.
Find an excuse to carry on
We need to believe that this will indeed happen; we need to have an insatiable desire to carry on fighting back and if we do this we will start to develop not just a mental toughness but also a fighter’s mentality, all of these attributes as well as DETERMINATION, POSITIVITY and WILL POWER will make you into a new you, the best you that you have ever been and this then sends a message back to your illness and that message is “im back stronger than ever and im fighting back, you’ve put me through HELL, now it’s your turn”
Keep fighting my friends, there is HOPE for you, if I can RECOVER then so can you, HOPE is key and as long as you have HOPE; you have a chance.
NEVER GIVE UP!!!
1. DO IT WITH PASSION OR NOT AT ALL
2. KEEP YOUR HEAD UP, GOD GIVES HIS HARDEST BATTLES TO HIS STRONGEST SOLDIERS
3. YOU DON’T KNOW HOW STRONG YOU ARE UNTIL BEING STRONG IS THE ONLY CHOICE YOU HAVE
4. THE STRUGGLE YOUR IN TODAY IS DEVELOPING THE STRENGTH YOU NEED FOR TOMORROW
5. YOU ARE STRONGER THAN YOU THINK
6. BELIEVE YOU CAN AND YOURE HALFWAY THERE
7. IM A WARRIOR, IM STRONGER THAN IVE EVER BEEN
8. ANYONE CAN GIVE UP IT’S THE EASIEST THING IN THE WORLD TO DO, BUT TO HOLD IT TOGETHER WHEN EVERYONE ELSE WOULD UNDERSTAND IF YOU FELL APART, THAT’S TRUE STRENGTH
9. IF YOU ARE READING THIS, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL, SMILE AND LET THE WORLD SHOW IT
10. WHEN YOU GO THROUGH HARDSHIPS AND DECIDE NOT TO SURRENDER, THAT IS STRENGTH